Blog Tutor FAQ Can foreigners register as a tutor?

Can foreigners register as a tutor?

Please check with the relevant authority whether you are allowed to do freelance work. We are unable to advice on this matter. Relevant authority: Ministry of Manpower (MOM), Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS).

If you have been granted permission to do freelance work in Singapore by the relevant authorities, you are welcome to apply to become a tutor with us at

Rum Tan

Rum Tan is the founder of SmileTutor and he believes that every child deserves a smile. Motivated by this belief and passion, he works hard day & night with his team to maintain the most trustworthy source of home tutors in Singapore. In his free time, he writes articles hoping to educate, enlighten, and empower parents, students, and tutors. You may try out his free home tutoring services via or by calling 6266 4475 directly today.